Friday, February 27, 2009

Man, I love tax returns!

Ok, so I already got my ring. They sent it overnight UPS. I didn't even know they were gonna do that and then they put it on the front porch, I was surprised at that too. I had tracked the pkg. from my work computer early this afternoon and it had already been delivered. Nothing like leaving a thousand dollar item on the front door step eh? Oh well, at least it was still there. Here are a couple pics. It's pretty shiny still as its new so you can sorta tell the diff. between old rings and new but in due time they'll all look the same...



and here are all 4 together...





What do you think? I guess my idea's not for everyone. Damn, my hand's lookin' old huh? :)

We are getting a new computer today also. As a matter of fact UPS just dropped it off! A busy UPS day at the Pierce residence. Its a pink Sony vaio. I can't believe DH let me actually get a pink desktop computer, I am so happy. He always uses his laptop in the dining room so I guess he doesn't really care now.

As far as diet goes, I am down 12 lbs. from my starting point on 2/2. I am pretty happy about it, I don't really notice too much change in anything yet--i.e., clothes or the mirror but I know it'll happen soon. I would like to get a treadmill this weekend but not sure. I did buy an electronic food scale so I can be more precise in my calorie count.

Guess that's about all. Hope you like the pics!

After looking at the actual post I had to laugh. I have no idea why I didn't just lay my hand flat out, it looks like I have REALLY short fingers! LOL!!!!!

I keep forgetting to mention stuff and have edited this damn thing like 3 x so far. Forgot to mention we did a warrant this morning in Palm Springs. This community mostly consists of the older generation retired folks and gay men. Well, this house we were in this morning made me wanna puke more than once! This guy worked in the food industry and just had food containers w/ food in them. All.over.the.house. And bags of rotting trash and cigarette butts EVERYWHERE. Ugh, I can still recall the smell and it makes me want to hurl. It amazes me how some people can live like that. What scared me also was as I'm searching his room I see all these papers regarding blood tests and wasn't really thinking much of it until I came across a dr. visit invoice and saw that he's HIV positive. Arrrgh, all I could think about was "I better not bring anything home with me after being here....Samantha.....Samantha.....". You know being somewhat ignorant in my head cause I know it's not friggin' passed just by being in someone's room, it's blood bourne. It's still an eerie feeling though. But c'mon! How does a person live like that? I mean being unsanitary. You had to've been there, it was the 2nd worst house I have ever been in and I have seen a lot of shit already.

Just be thankful you don't have to ever be a witness to that! Just one of the hazards of my job I guess?????

4 comments:

Jacque said...

Your ring is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Ooooo! Pretty!!!

Dayna said...

Thanks ladies!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Catching up - I love your rings, and the style!