Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a small world!

Ok, so I am a Facebook junkie right? Well, on FB you have a wall and it tells you what your friends have been up to yada yada yada...anyway so a junior high school friend of mine is on my friends list. I am browsing though on my "wall" last night and I see "Heather is now friends with *** *****". Well this particular guy I recgonized the name as one of the pilots we use for our top cover on our search warrants.

Now the reason this is weird is because in Jr. High I had to move away before we all went to 9th grade and I moved about 30 or so miles away. It was an up & coming part of town my parents took me to. I was not happy to be changing schools, etc.

So, I see this name and I write her (Heather) a msg. asking if this guy was a pilot? She says yes, and he is one of our other Jr. High school friend's husbands!

Whoa! So then I write to this other girl I knew in Jr. High (she was not on my friends list at the time so didn't make the connection before) and tell her I think I know her hubby. She writes backs and says yes that's him.

Well the other weird thing is that HE went to MY high school. Yeah the one that I moved to 30 miles away from all my friends and whatnot. I don't remember him in HS (he's 2 yrs. older) but how weird is that? Bizarre. I am still amazed at what FB has connected me with!

If you don't have it, I suggest getting a profile on there. It can be very interesting! It is not like pedophile heaven MySpace. Sorry MySpace users, I just am wary of MySpace and have busted pedophiles from that site before....

I just had to mention it and get it down in writing. Other than that it's been a very uneventful day. DH is at work today and it's just me & the kiddos. All in the house. I cleaned my kitchen and it looks great. I am planning on making Greek for dinner so that's something to look forward to! Didn't get on the scale today. I am always afraid I'll be disappointed. I want to wait until I can't wait to get on it!

:)

2 comments:

Jacque said...

I think I'm the only one who hasn't joined Facebook. That's funny about the pilot. I hope your dinner was yummy!

Anonymous said...

"My name is Nicole, and I am a Facebook junkie."

It's fantastic isn't it?

I just really like browsing everyone's photos..