Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Let them eat cake! Or butter for that matter...

Ok, so tonight I did not feel like cooking or anything so I decided to take the kids out to dinner right after I picked up Sam from daycare. We went to the local Coco's. Not the most tasty in town, but I am sort of getting sick of IHOP. I never thought I'd say that. Wow.



Anyway, Sam starts throwing fits and trying to climb across the table to her brother and whatnot. I finally am able to get her into a high chair and she's still yelling. I know people are looking at me by this time. I feel myself start to get embarassed. Know that feeling by any chance? I am sure you all do.



We had some bread @ the table & butter in those little plastic condiment bowls. KWIM? Well, Sam by this time was out of the high chair and next to me and just screaming her head off. I tried offering her everything. Bread. Spoon. Fork. Napkin. Crayons. Paper. Her milk. At 1 point I was ready to take her outside. Then I had an idea.......



She seemed like she wanted the little butter bowls. But I was like, "Nah, that can't be it". I think she thought they were something else. Pudding? Apple sauce? You know what I thought? Shit, just give one to her and let her scoop it onto a fork or spoon, she'll realize it's kinda gross and not what she's thinking it is.

Nope, she eats it. I let her. I decided this was not a battle I was going to win unless we left. I had not had breakfast OR lunch today so I was not about to leave. Sam ate butter out of the condiment bowl. I sort of feel like a bad mom, but what else could I do? At least I was able to scoop some of it out (and wipe it off the knife in the bread basket) and give it to her so it wasn't totally full. It's still gross. Good thing she's young I suppose.



So, what'd your kid eat today? :)

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Restaurant craziness is no fun. I'd let her eat butter too!