Tonight was DSS's open house for his school and it was great to see what his new teacher's all about. I like him. Well, of course Samantha can't seem to stay still & quiet for very long but she did give it a good try. She was quiet for like 5 min. while the teach was giving his speech to the parents and all. So, Sam decides to start getting antsy & loud and trying to run out the door since there's a ton of kids playing outside. I can't blame her I guess.
Well, didn't get to meet the teacher personally cause I had to exit stage left because of Sam. We went over to the kindergarten playground so she could play. They only have regular swings, not the seat ones for toddlers. Sam really wanted to go on one even though she hates swings all together--and I knew it was a bad idea--but I am a sucker for my baby girl. She doesn't know to hold onto the chains and I was trying to show her what to do and as soon as I let go of both of her arms swoosh.....she fell backwards onto the wood chips. It wasn't from very high up (remember we we at the kinder playground) I remember being above though and seeing it in slo-mo & the sound of her poor head hitting the dirt. She cried. I wanted to but didn't. She was ok after a min. or so but I feel so bad and guilty! And like a lameass. I should know better. I actually don't think I'll ever forget that moment. Maybe I am making a big deal about it but you should've heard it. It seemed loud to me--her head hitting. Ugh. That look right before she was gonna cry. Ugh.
So, that was my night. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday....
Interview with Makenzy...
16 years ago


1 comment:
I hope you have a better Friday! I'm glad Sam was okay after her fall. Chloe fell from our swingset a few years ago with dh pushing her and broke her arm! It's crazy how they can fall and/or get hurt when we are standing right there!
Post a Comment