I love the Ontario International Airport. Isn't that a strange thing to say? Seriously, it is so nice to go there when you are leaving somewhere or picking someone up. I picked up my DSS from vacation today and it was such a breeze. His luggage was already right there on the carousel when we got downstairs from the gate. It was quite possibly the fastest I have ever gone in & out of an airport.
Saying all that, there was a strange question posed to me from one of the Express Jet desk folks. My DSS is a minor so when he flies in or out a parent obviously has to go w/ him to the respective gate. So, I come in today and go to the desk so I can get a ticket up to the gate. I give her my federal secret squirrel credentials to tell her who I am. Now I do this cause I have a gun with me. Not cause I think I am special. I have a gun with me almost everywhere at the moment cause I arrest people and work in the immigration "industry", if you will. I am also about to put a guy in jail for a long time and he's out on bail right now, you dig right?
So, she proceeds to issue my gate pass. I ask her if there's anything special I got to fill out since I am armed. She looked at me like I had 3 heads. She didn't quite understand what I was saying. Then she asked me who I worked for and what my title was. Umm, I just handed you the whole shabang there lady. Then she asks me this, "Why do you have your gun with you?" If I were more of a self respecting federal agent I would've told her to pound sand and I don't need to explain myself. But I am not, so I say in a knowing voice, "Cause I put people in jail for a long time and don't always make a lot of friends that way." You should've seen the look on her face...then her understanding. I said that's why I showed the federal credentials--not cause I look better in them than my CA driver's license. Oy vey. I said I am currently about to put a guy in prison for at least 10 years and he is out on bail at the moment. Can you say retaliation? Not that he would, but you never know....
So, I just wanted to say I love the Ontario airport, there's just not the brightest people working there I guess. What is it with me and dumb questions lately? Read prior post if you have no idea what I am talking about.
It is good to have DSS home, things seem a little bit more normal around the house now. Only 2 more months and DH is back, yay!
I bought a gas powered weed trimmer yesterday and today you should've seen me try to pull start it while trying to balance the thing and grip the throttle at the same time. It's kinda funny. Maybe I'll have to wait & have DH do it or just learn how to do it myself like a lot of stuff the past 4 mos.
Sorry for the rambling on, I'm out!
Interview with Makenzy...
16 years ago


2 comments:
Just getting caught up on your posts. What's the latest with the renters? LOL!
Hey Chris,
Just for you, I added a new post today! :)
Post a Comment